okay, I lied. Car will be turbo'd, god-damnit!

The headers didn't fit. Devastated and planning on returning it to stock, I test fit everything for the turbo again. After that, I noticed a good chunk of exhaust from my old car just sitting there, collecting dust. 2.5" pipe with a 90* mandrel bend and a 3" resonator. Feeling motivated, I cut it in pieces and began test fitting the downpipe and mocking everything up, and by golly it's going to work!

It's perfect. Clears the throttle bracket by 2" and only comes close to the intake manifold's rear runner. I'll fabricate a shield for between the downpipe and intake so it wont affect intake temps too much.

Also ordered 3 45* couplers. I'll be using steel tubing between the couplers, with lips spot welded to prevent slippage. Debating on adding a pipe for the BOV. o2 bung is on the way.

Progress pic before I leave. I have a 90* fitting for the oil feed, so the visible crimp there will be null. You can see the route of the charge piping. Choke horn has been milled off so it wont interfere with airflow.

Alex