You may have caught my post in engines about prepping a Mercruiser 120 (62-70 Chevy 153) with a T5 trans from an S-10.
The back end of my block should match up with anything that would fit a sbc with a 2 piece rear main seal.
I have a flywheel from a mid-60's Chevy ll. It is made for a 9"clutch and the contact surface is slightly recessed.
Along with my 14 spline trans I have a new clutch kit for the S-10 it came from, (that would be from a 2.5l/4 or a 2.8l V6).
I laid out the flywheel and put the clutch on it, then sat the pressure plate on top. It sits flat! The clutch does seem to be pinned between them, but it doesn't seem there is any pressure to be gained from bolting the plate down.
I hope I am just 1 part away from a match, like a flat 153t flywheel drilled for the small clutch/pressure plate? A really thick clutch? A flatter pressure plate housing from a Chevy ll?
I have an adaptor on the way to mate the longer shaft of the 4/6 cylinder T5 to the engine and was hoping to get started.
Anyone have a suggestion that doesn't require me to sell a kidney?