Couple minor updates. Hoping to do some real work on it this weekend.

A while back I picked up a chunk of drive shaft out of a local machine shops scrap yard to use as part of the induction system for the turbo engine. A little mock up, there will be tapered runners to the head. Once sanded and primered it ought to look decent. I need the engine in the car to do a proper mock up for length though.







Also today I worked on making the cam sensor for the sequential EFI and coil on plug ignition by modifying the distributor some more and adding a sensor to the flat cap I made. It's actually just a prototype for now, I'll make a new plexiglass cover for the final product.

First I cut the advance plate into a tab.


Then I took the top plexiglass plate and drilled a hole in it that the sensor fits through. I contemplated going with a full grommet set up, but the sensor really needs to sit on the plexiglass to get low enough for it to pick up the tab. I used a cut down transmission dipstick tube grommet to minimize vibration. I might zip tie or black RTV it on there. Then I drilled and tapped a hole for a 1/4-20 bolt.



Then plopped it on the engine. The wiring harness is pointing towards the coolant temp sensor so the wiring harness should look relatively clean there. If the sensor doesn't reliably pick up the tab I'll either bend the tab a bit or weld a washer or strip of metal to the top of it. Hopefully this is sufficient to run as a cam sensor.

_________________________
Rebuilding an OHC Pontiac 250 with EFI and a Turbo