Wow, it's a small world! That's really interesting. Those BMW motorcycles are pretty hot bikes! The signature horizontally apposed motor is definitely an exotic part, but it seems to be working really well for the BMW guys (and gals)! I see a lot of them driving around at the BMW shows my grandpa and I go to. The vintage ones are pretty sweet too, especially the military editions. The ingenuity in those old motorcycles is just incredible!

Yep, all the way to Indiana! I may need to start sucking up to Don here in a little bit. I'm sure I'll be seeing him at a few of the Indiana Chapter get-togethers. Hope your up to it Don! Don't worry, I don't bite! \:D

After it's all done I think I'll be a little bummed too. Gramps and I didn't so much do this project for the end result as much as we did it for the experience. (Good thing too, because the end result isn't going to be worth hardly half of what we put in to it!) I'll try to keep the threads active with updates on where the Chevy's been. As much as it pains me to say this, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to take the car to school with me. Dad is not really hep on the idea- for good reasons too. A $35,000, 2 wheel drive with 4 inch wide tires in the snowy Indiana winter is a recipe for disaster. Then there is the collision dillemma. (Dad wants a roll cage with 4 point seat belts and headrests for whiplash.) Who am I kidding? This car doesn't belong to me anyway. It belongs to my grandpa. I think he's on board, but I'd hate to stuff the thing into a snow bank and not even own it. I'll make sure it gets used though. You can count on that. I'm sure gramps has got at least one more good road trip left in him. We'll drive it to the moon or something. \:D

Well, that means it looks like I'll be taking my $2,500 worn out '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 225,000 miles on it. Puking oil, sticking valves and knocking rods the whole way. That should be an adventure in itself. It'll probably blow up somewhere in Nebraska and I'll have to buy another car. That'll be my chance to get an old inline beater I wont have to worry about stuffing into a snow bank. \:D

Anyhow, enough counting my eggs before they hatch. Back to the present. Today's update is a little more exciting than the norm.

Thanks!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 06/28/13 04:20 AM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson