Haha. That's the beauty of a low quality camera. They aren't visible in the pictures. Believe me, we're just as bad if not worse. We've got a bunch of the blue paint left over, so we'll be able to make corrections before the final buffing. Today was especially bad. While gramps and I were drilling holes to screw in the window felts the bit slipped and chipped off a big line right across the sill about where you put your elbow while driving. After some cussing, we proceeded to to it again on the next hole. \:D Then, later while I was buffing the chrome housing for the clock it caught an edge and shot out the back end hitting a steel rod laying up against the wall. That poor piece of stainless steel was so bent up when I went to pick it up it looked like a tin can after a good game of "Kick the Can." An hour with a pair of pliers and a screw driver had it pretty straight, but it isn't perfect. Sorry, I'm rambling again. Anyhow, it's really tough getting everything back together without screwing up some stuff. Nobody's perfect. The line that gramps and I always repeat is "You can never screw something up so bad that it can't be fixed. It just may take a little while."

Progress from today: I cut a big hole in the floor for the shifter. Then we decided to tackle the doors. We've been dreading putting those suckers together since we took them apart. Boy, it's tough. It took us basically the whole day, but the drivers side is mostly done and the passenger side is about half way. Then we found that the passenger side glass is cut too short, so it doesn't seal up in the top. Great. We'll probably re-drill the mounts for rolling mechanism and move it up. I hate cutting corners, but new glass is just too expensive. I sure hope the rest of the car doesn't go together as hard as the doors did!

Thanks!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson