Good morning.

I tried playing with the timing yesterday as you suggested to see what happens to the vacuum reading. I advanced the timing gradually until it wanted to just about cut off the engine an there was no noticeable change in the vacuum reading.
So I guess that my damper has not slipped and is in the right area.

MY monojet is the MV series. I do have a spare but if I have to install that I will need to go buy a new kit as there are absolutely no gaskets or seals in it, its bare.

I would rather wait for installing my 38 weber. Busy hunting for a spare manifold so that I can machine it to increase the aperture for the weber. I have read that this is the preferred method rather than using an adaptor plate. Would you agree with this theory?
I don't want to botch up my only good manifold if the machine shop stuffs up my manifold, just being cautious I think...LOL

You know except for idle, on the open road you cannot feel the miss at all. I can cruise at 120km/h and she rides so smoothly.

My big gripe is that my friend who has a chevy turbo 400 V8 with TH 400 box, highly modded motor gets the same mileage as I do and he drives like a maniac, while I drive like Miss Daisy.

I am sure that my carb has a lot to do with my vacuum and mileage, if only I knew why and how to fix it, short of a complete replacement.

1972 Chevrolet El Camino 250 L6 (Holden UTE clone)