It was some other site and some other time (so many places to go on the internet) it may have been on H.A.M.B. they got the volume over there.

The majority of 261s saw their service in Dump trucks and school buses (I dont think they were even available in half tons), where they were worked to death and were used at full throttle for much of their working lives, so thats probably why they could use such a large venturi to throttle butterfly relationship, maybe they did not have too much of a "good signal" to draw fuel from the bowl with at lower rpms, but they didn't live at that rpm area long with their "granny low" gearboxes and astrnomical rear gear ratios. (maybe even 6.17:1)

Thats a good list of sizes, didn't know that there was that many different models. My biggest complaint against the Model "B"s was their sick little nasally "whistle they made at part throttle--I once made an air cleaner out of a big grapefruit juice can that sat horizontally, and wired it down to the airhorn of my '54s model "B", it sounded bad at WOT- kind of a roar, my neighbor had a '55 235 (non-hotrodder), he liked so well that he bought it from me for $5.00 back in '61 to put it on his car! Just call me TLowe!