" Unfortunately, pressure oiling does not lubricate cylinders, pistons, and rings. "

Wrong again ~

The pressure oiling from the sides of the bearing journals provides most of the cylinder lubrication , this is clearly illustrated in most factory shop manuals .

FWIW ; after proper (dry piston & ring assembly) I *do* pre oil every engine by operating the oil pump and or cranking the engine sans spark plugs until the entire oiling system is circulating .

I know this sounds strange and contrary but it really is how the best works are done ~ when they tried to teach me this , I resisted it for almost two years as a catastrophic engine failure means $ lost but after seeing so many engines built & broken in this way that ran perfectly and had [/u]zero[u] blow by and no problems ever , I decided to try it once and Lo ! it worked .

The pressure created against the rings by revving the engine , is what forced them to ' bite ' the cylinders walls and bed in quickly and properly , unlike the old way of gentle operation for 100 miles or so .

Yes , those old engine ran fine but they always had blow by and used oil .

Don't be afraid to learn new things , a Journeyman Mechanic should know better .

-Nate