I did quite a bit of investigation before starting this.
As you say Deuce Coupe, to compare the ratings of 2 barrel to 4 requires a division factor of 1.4
Now, 500 cfm of carburetor on a 300 inch engine isn't all that much especially with a mild to moderate cam.
The carbs I'm using are Economasters that are pretty lean to start with. With some accelerator pump work (shooters and cams)and jets, I'm pretty sure I can dial this combination in to a very livable package.

We have to remember, the cfm ratings for carburetors are for WOT. The cfm delivered (actually, 'available') is a function of the driver's right foot.

The fun is in trying something you think might work, and if it does you feel pretty smart. If not, you learned something anyway. Plan 'B' is still available.

Ideally, I would like staged 2 barrels. (Holley 2305s?) Also, T. Lowe built his own staged 2 bbl but didn't pursue it. I might do my interpretation of this.

Plan 'C' is the possibility of using two TBIs.

As I stated in my original post, the main reason to try this was mostly for appearance, secondarily for more even fuel distribution. I'd like to use as many parts from my collection as possible.

We'll see.

Gearhead's Quickchange Exchange
"My Rear End is Louder Than Yours"