Tim, what would they replace the BB with?

Unless they have someone ready to ride herd on Facebook, Twitter and the like, this is their best bet so far.

It is how I found, and joined Inliners (ok, I figured out my dues are late, I'm fixing that Monday), if they want new, younger members they have to maintain an interactive presence on the web (without being interactive, we would just be preaching at them, show of hands, who likes that?).

The biggest problem with young people joining the group is how long it was since the US built an inline 6 (what, the 300 Ford was the last, before the 4200 showed up?).

I know lots of people that run import inlines, Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi.

They are more than tired of the "gotta have a V8" mentality that they constantly encounter, but their "iron" is not welcome here.

I'm not suggesting that we welcome imports to the forum or the club, but that is where we are as a group.

Being a supporter of the 4200, I have run into similar, if admittedly less vehement issues when I mention the 4200 that those of the import crowd I know are fed up with.

Realistically, Bonneville is the only place I could see anyone putting a vintage 6 or 8 into a modern import (like the Salt Cat crew and their Buick straight 8 powered Jag, anyone want to build a Jimmy powered 240SX Nissan?)

Anywhere else and the firewall setback, extra weight over the front axle, and cost to get "acceptable" performance are all deal breakers (each one). \:\(

I wish one of the big three would pick some inline 6 that was worth a damn and stick with it for a few decades, but hell, they don't even do that with their bent 8 engines any more. \:\(

The only thing I could see, possibly helping, is a section where folks that are working on a 4200 (or other domestic inline) swap into an import chassis (like the Supra that had the turboed 4200, or the Opel that had one until they converted to an inline 5 halfway through the first pass at speedweek this year \:\( ).

I don't know how much it will help though as it is such a small portion of what is going on out there, and there are several forums, and a yahoo group or two dedicated to the 4200 already.

This may not be helpful, but it's what I have, let me know if there is something I can do, other than putting the word out about the club (I already do that ;\) ).

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155