OK, new member here so I'll give a short intro. I just inherited a 49 Chevy 2dr deluxe all original but needs resto. Don't really wanna fool with the 216 for this car although it will probably stay in the shed for awhile. Looking at finding a 235 to drop right in and have done all that research. \

I have found a 235 in a rolling chassis of a 53 truck - owner says it is a 54 engine that was put in by PO. PO "says" 45K original no rebuild. Haven't gone to look at it yet but I am of course skeptical about that and not sure if the head matches the engine numbers.

engine casting #3836233 - which I find to be a 4-1-56 engine
head casting #3835913 - can't determine if this is correct or should have been 848 head.

Just trying to figure out if this would have been correct head for this block, or if that will also help me determine if there for sure has been a rebuild. since he seems to think it's an original mile engine, he wants too much for it to start with.

any help would be greatly appreciated. wondering if this would have been a car or truck engine originally too.

1949 Chevrolet Fleetline Deluxe - in progress