Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
Hank,
Back to the Offy vs Clifford debate. Just to point out some differences in my testing and Duececoupes tests.

My tests showed more than a lowly 2HP change. Closer to 15 HP at 4800-5000. I also did my tests specifically to dispel those exact rumors. My tests were on a engine modified for a higher output. A aftermarket cam and reworked head for instance.

Duececoupes tests were done on a stock cammed, stock headed engines. Also good tests but day and night different than mine.

The dividers used in my Siamesed ports really helped clean up the way the engine ran. Well with doing on a multiport injected engine.

I agree that a new intake needs to be made to address many of the shortcomings the Offy and Clifford present. After all the drawings and prototypes are made then tests can be made on a dyno and then a car.

The info you post here on how much power differed from the two intakes from my point of view are just rumors also, nothing is posted here for all to see.
From what I remembered you telling me the peak HP differences were really close, not 15 HP, don't know where you got that number from?
For all I know you could be looking @ the best HP on one combo & the worst combo from the other & posting it here for us to just believe you. AKA rumors to me.

Don't take this like I want to see your dyno sheets, because I don't, but if you can understand from what I am saying here, anyone here on the BB, are taking your & my test results like a grain of salt, not much to back them.

Turbo6 also divided his siamesed port head with the results of better fuel distribution, but he also proved my fact that it makes the intake port window too small.
To make the same power Harry was making before w/the undivided siamesed port head, he had to increase boost 10 PSI for the divided intake port head.
I do not to see his dyno results or times slips to believe him, I have first hand knowledge on what dividing the intake port does, it makes the intake port window too small. The engine can't breath.

As far as Duececoupes results go, those count also & you should not dismiss his findings because they differ from your test results.
So w/your results on the dyno & the results of Duececoupes testing, you did not dispel any of those so-called rumors.
If anything, his results were the same findings I found years ago so in my eyes my rumors seems to be more accurate than your engine dyno testing. J.M.O.
This could be taken the wrong way, & it could be the wrong way to explain it.
Not saying Deucecoupes results match my results & therefore that's the way it is. There are so many factors that can change how a car runs or how dyno results can differ.

I like the Clifford intake, it's just not a low RPM manifold.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI