Twisted6, here is my newest idea. I have a 48 Chevy coupe and was going to make a pro street out of it with a 496 bbc but now thinking about how I wont have money for that now since I have this new 66 truck. So what I am thinking is air bagging the 48 (so I can throw the rear down, make it a tail dragger when wanted, etc) and then throw this 250 I am picking up tomarrow and getting a good tranny somewhere, etc and put this car together with less money than the pro street would have taken and chop the top, etc etc. Well anyways, what kind of tranny can fit on these 250s? Anything like a 400 or 350? On the side time I am going to build a 383 stroker or a 454 to put in later but I will build that on the side in the garage as time and money allows and put it in one day.
I am hoping I can find parts for this 250 for cheap and get it together for cheap and find a nice tranny too. All I have to the 250 is of course the block, oil pan, crappy head with valves, springs, etc that are probably no good and a cam that looks to have a bit of wear.
New parts look pretty darn expensive if I wanted to get ALL the parts. So any info on where to get these would be great! Thanks again for anymore info guys!