I finally had the pleasure to meet Mr. Don Haymes in person for the annual North Central Inliners Picnic this weekend. What a gentleman. Him and his wife provided me with a level of hospitality that is hard to come by these days. I had a great time. Thank you Don!

As for the Picnic, it was a blast. Great group of guys with some truly incredible machinery. I also had the pleasure to meet Mr. Bob Garrett, the Chapter Head, in person. He brought down his '48 Chevy Coupe w/ 261 (bored to 270.) That thing was nuts! Mr. Garrett is a true expert in the subject of inline sixes and was a pleasure to talk to, or rather, listen to.

As far as '40 Chevy updates, progress has been slow. I've been keeping in contact with my grandpa via daily evening telephone calls, and he hasn't had much time to work on the car. He was able to go pick up our grille from the chromers which he says "shines like a full moon in the night sky", but otherwise not much has got done. That's fine though because it's really a project for "us" not just him. I can't wait to get back there, finish it up and "break in" those rear tires!

Only three more months!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson