Only time will tell with the distributor. Took a risk with the eBay cheapo but I wasn't happy with the prices of the nos ones and the aftermarket coil in cap ones (with a well known brand) seem overpriced. I know all the components are important but now that I have the distributor body, I can always replace a cheap internal (coil?) with a good one if it fails (or test out the "lifetime warranty").

I intend to keep it filled with 91 and I'm keeping my eye out for a deal on the Devils own stage 2 water/Meth system. I'll probably do at least 50/50 water/Meth. I will be getting the intercooler, BOV, piping and turbo from that Ebay seller, "CXRacing" mentioned earlier (he cut me a deal for the whole lot). I like that SPA wastegate I mentioned before so I'll likely get that. Will be getting the turbo cam and forged pistons from Tlowe. The 4776 carb (now looking for electric choke) and offy Intake. Obviously some machine work during the rebuild as well. I'm going to hold off on the timing retard device for now.

With the above installed and tuned, my goal is 12-15psi. I'm obviously interested in power, but fuel economy is a close second as I intend to drive it as a secondary vehicle, but all year around. I know the milage is going to suck, but if I have to drop to 10psi to save big money at the pump, I probably will. I think it's going to be a matter of finding a sweet spot in there. Let's put it this way, I want it to be able to do 15psi without breaking much of a sweat. I'd rather overbuild once and have it max out at 80% of its capability then be pushing it to 110% all the time. Also, this method allows me to change my mind someday and set it at 17psi and not worry about the pistons or intercooler I wish I had installed.

As far as the fuel pump, I want something as close to the stock look and operation as possible, at a reasonable price, that's going to give me adequate fuel for the above, and work well with the meth/Water system.

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 09/20/13 04:37 AM.

67' Camaro - Performance 250 build - www.TurboCamaro.ca