I would love to go turbo but the cost involved over using the 471 I already have might put it out of the range, for now anyway. The McColloch/ Paxton option would be period correct for sure but it goes back to cost over what I already have (not to say I wont do it anyway as I love the look of them). The turbo option is very appealing because at tlowe said mounting would be much easier.

The idea I'm playing around with right now is a bit of a multistage approach. the 327 does run, its by no means a fresh rebuild but it doesn't smoke. So thinking I can get it on the road with just an intake swap from he factory 2bbl to the Edmunds 2X2, dual exhaust and maybe the head swap with my 288 spare engine to bump the compression another point. That would make me feel better than leaving it completely stock. I could then use the spare 288 as it is externally identical to the 327 to mock up a supercharger system of some kind as money becomes more available.

Unless I change my mind/ get a good deal on another option I'll be using the 471 with the "I already have it" reasoning thinking about mounting it to the drivers side (opposite of the intake/ exhaust)on its side make a carb flange of some sort and run piping over the top of the engine to possible the Edmunds intake. Any thoughts?

As way as what it may outrun it may be surprising, I know much more goes into making a car fast but my Packard at around 300HP (my goal) would have a very close HP to weight ratio as a 2005 mustang (Packard 3800ish lbs stock 300 HP, Mustang 3500 lbs 300 HP). Traction, aerodynamics, RPM potential, ect still means it would not be as fast as a Mustang but it would probably give a Mustang a pretty hard time.