Wait, wait, wait. I'm talking about the angle of the sealing surface of the actual valve seat and valve itself--not any of the other angles that form part of a "three" angle or a "five" angle valve job. The seat angle of a bunch of stovebolts and the Pontiac v8s were thirty degrees, and not 45 degrees like most of the rest of world's motors got now. All this is stemming from research, (maybe I should say "rumor") by Jim Hand, who's credentials outstrip even ol' Hank's!

Hand's statement reads "...the 30-degree seat has more real opening between the valve and the seat than does a 45 degree setup. Above approximately .400 inch of lift, the 45-degree seat will show more peak flow. But unless very high valve lifts are used, the total flow from seat to peak lift will be superior with the 30-degree seat".
This is the whole basis for my efforts to share with you guys--take it or leave it. I have never heard of anyone else ever researching this aspect of flowing a head. And lets reinterate that this is referring ONLY to the valve and it's seat, not the finish of the combustion chamber, the size of ports, or any other etc. factors. Just this isolated part. If you guys have heard of this portion of flowing treated before, lets hear it.