One of the things that has caused the HAMB to grow so much is the confusion among posters about what Ryan's original intent was. The HAMB is not about "rat" rods or "street" rods. It is about "Traditional" rods and customs. Figuring out what "Traditional" means is not clear to me. The new thing there is "period correct" but in '29 Chevy sixes were not a tradition and neither were Flathead V8s in '32. The tradition was owner built performance enhanced vehicles. Doing the best you could with what you could find or build. Junk yard and limited after market equipment. Much of what has been going on there will no longer be welcome as 1965 is their cutoff year with other time slots carved out for different eras. So turbos,TBI &TPI, Saginaw 4 speeds, T5s, 700R4s, Megasquirt, HEI, coil packs, radial tires, fiberglass repo bodies and fenders, post '65 speed equipment and technology, disc brakes, pastel painted,billet clad, named after a fifties tune trailer queens,95% of Hot August .......... are out.
So here we are steeped in "Tradition" but without our heads stuck in the sand and staked out to a date. I love the old stuff as well as anyone but our Inlines are not just curios from the past. Most of the Inlines at Bonneville and drags across the country are not HAMB friendly. I respect Ryan's call on the HAMB it is his board and it rightfully reflects his interests and thoughts. My purpose in posting this is to note that we could welcome the displaced inliners here. If our board is user friendly they will come. We could win back the Studebaker, Hudson, Packard, Mopar, Ford, Buick, Kaiser, AMC, Jeep, you name it guys.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain