Over the years, I have been taking my boy to every car thing he could do with me. And thanks to you guy's , he has formed a idea of what he wants. So we went in search locally for the project. Money and condition were of major concerns.

We looked at a local really nicely preserved 54 1 ton with no rust. Then the seller decided to keep it. Next was one I knew of for at least 15 years. The gentleman was a friend and has a few older cars he enjoys. He told me about this old Hudson he had that was in bad shape that he had in a barn since 1975. He described it as in bad shape and needing lots of work. Jake and I decided to call him and schedule a look.

Here is what we find in the barn. When we first looked at it, we were speechless. Upon inspection with a flashlight, no rust holes were found. Just minor dents. 2 motors in the back, the original 212 and a spare. We negotiated a price and bought it.

We picked it up over the weekend, cleaned out the back and cab, then took it over to wash up.

It needs plenty of work, but is a breath taking vehicle to start with.

Here is the old owner with the new one.
He drove school bus for my kids.

We plan on starting with disc brakes, sway bar and a modern rear axle. Stock fame and front suspension. Redo the inside of cab. Install 3 point seat belts.Install a driver 250 / 700r4 combo and drive it to the convention in Colorado next year.

He installed a 221 small block ford in the early 70's, with a auto. Painted it and drove it for a short time before parking. The barn was almost blown down in 2011 by the same storm that blew my building down.

Last edited by tlowe #1716; 10/09/13 11:06 PM.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com