Jalopy, Fiber makes me sad. \:\( As for the search I'll reveal my method on a dedicated thread.)

53, Some of the best thoughts yet. Yes, The members are a great group, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Passing out membership forms with a copy of TPN is an easy and inexpensive way to get the word to exactly those who might join. It has a nice personal aspect that might help someone decide to join us. We have done this on a small scale but if each chapter had lots of old copies to pass out and members did this at every event we attend I think we would get a good response. I know that I have talked to a lot of people but had nothing to hand them. I know they forget what the geezer said but if they read through a TPN after they got home they might check us out. Maybe a prize for the chapter that grows the most each month/year.
As for the convention: what a great opportunity to drive our cars and be seen and spread the word along the way. It's fun to travel in groups and meet up with others along the way.
PS: Send be a couple of boxes of old TPNs.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 10/12/13 01:13 PM. Reason: PS

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain