Originally Posted By: Nexxussian
Hank, good pics (blurry or not they illustrate your point) do you have any of what you do to the exhaust? (looks like that isn't the best either.

Nexxussian,
I have not ported the exhaust yet. What your are looking @ is the heat cross over, not the actual exhaust port, not sure if you thought that was the exhaust port? Cross flow head SBC/V-6 same difference. \:D
MBHD

Originally Posted By: snowman4839
Thanks for the reply,

I just compression checked the cylinders this weekend. #2 is at 0psi haha so it's gone. Gonna pull the engine over christmas break and assuming the piston isn't busted, going to re-ring all the pistons with the rings I got gapped for the other engine that I never finished. That'll at least get it running. Now I can either get a cam around christmas time and throw it in there to get the car mobile and have some more fun with it.
Or I could get the cam anyway and slowly work on the head porting and paying for the larger valves and head machining as I have time. Maybe get it running in the spring.

As for the rockers, is there any advantage to upgrading rockers? I mean the only thing I can think they'd be used for is increasing lift assuming you get rockers with a higher ratio. Aren't stock rockers 1.5?

Now as for the actual headwork, I have a few options: smooth out the runner walls and don't touch the bolt boss, grind down the boss into a wing shape, cut out the bolt boss, or cut out the bolt boss and add a lump port.
I heard that cutting out the bolt boss was a bad idea because it lowers the port velocity. But would that help/hurt/not because of the fact that it's boosted?

Snowman,
your piston is gone, sorry to say, so plan on it being busted.
If you are not going to use larger valves, do not remove the intake boss.
Shape the intake boss into a wing shape.
Stock rocker ratio is 1.75.
Stamped steel rocker are inaccurate, when you actually check them for there ratio, they will be all over the place.
One could have a ratio of 1.7, another 1.68 & so on, you won't get full lift on your valves & some could be more.

Full Roller rocker arms will give you a true actual ratio, less guide wear & less valve stem wear, & could give you more power.

If you are going to install larger valves, then remove the boss & install the lumps.

Do not remove the boss w/out installing the lumps, you still need port velocity even though you are turbocharged.

Your car is a street car, not a race car, & having low port velocity will cause it to get into boost later, more turbo lag.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI