Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
Others have split blocks right down the center between the cylinders with a lot less HP and N/A, so he is probably 200 HP past what is safe and is living on borrowed time. When an engine failure like this occurs it is violent, and people get hurt, not usually the ones driving the car either.

I guessing your referring to Rob Harrison on splitting blocks. I don't know him nor never talked to him but he's performance goals are way different than ours. I think he was using one of them junky Deppe blocks. We have heard of LSM and also heard the company went down hill when the son took over the business. My brother has Haas machining center that can handle a block no problem. Why, he's figures out a system to blocks together at 1000 whp. Why do we need to spend $20,000 on a block when the crank might be the weakest link? O-hhh hell lets put a $5,000 crank with a jesal drive, reverse driven cam too bam $40k!
We've torn up more stuff n/a and n2o making way less power than this boosted combination. One of the keys is in the tune up and is solid. If we blew it up next month we would build another one just like it. And yes our motor has a crack in it just like Harrys did. We've been running it for 3 years that way so it looks like the retention device works.

Thank you for your concern