Well gentlemen, Gramps and I have spent the last week and a half twiddling our thumbs while the upholstery guys, I guess, are doing the same. We're still not sure why it's taking them so long. Hopefully they'll have it done some time before I go back to school, or die of old age. As of now, no more pictures of the car, or family photo shoots for that matter. Just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and let you know that we're still here.

Drew:
Where's Jim Nabors? Why, there he is!
Back Home again in Indiana California!

Beater:
Good deal then! The worst hitch away is over with! It will never be easy, but we all have got to leave the nest at some point! Most of us anyway...

Holy toledo, Beater! That's got to feel great! A whole hearted congratulations from both me and my father. I'm sure you will last plenty long to get a car project in with him. You've seen what it looks like in my case, so make it happen! What a lucky young lad. It really is quite a blessing to have such great grandfathers like yourself. It will shape his whole life, just like it did mine.

Haha! I know the feeling. There's always something to be done! In our case, we had a little better timing. My grandpa, my father and I have been working on my dad's 1952 Dodge M37 Power Wagon while the '40 Chevy is away. This military 3/4 ton has been a continuous project for the last 2 years. There's always some bug in it. Kind of a funny story. We bought it in "restored," "perfect," and "flawless" condition but still have only driven it 50 or so miles. Most of them being put on while winching it on a trailer. Many a time have we declared it fixed only to have it die at a stoplight in the middle of town or something. It's the gift that just keeps giving. A real head scratcher. You'll get to it at some point. Think of it this way, you can't work on an old car if you don't have a reliable one to do parts house runs in!

Merry Christmas!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson