Haha! It sure is! Hopefully the hubcaps will knock it down a bit. Definitely a very blue car!

We almost had the entire seats done with that greenish fabric. I'm glad we put some leather around the edges because it is kind of flimsy otherwise. I think it looks better too. Works well with that blue!

Progress from the last two days: Gramps has been busy so I have been in the shop alone. Naturally, I spent a good portion of that time sitting behind the wheel making "vroom" noises and shifting gears. But other than that I was able to make some covers for the rear shock absorber mounts and finish things up on the dash board.

Next big things to tackle are the flywheel cover on the underside of the bell housing and putting our temperature sensor in which requires an entire drain and refill of the water jacket. I also need to fit the chrome pieces to the front of the grill and the windshield divider. Then after that there is some wires to clean up and route properly. We have a cool shifter knob on the way. Some steering wheel work needs to be done. I also have plans for a modern radio behind the vintage screen and buttons. Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera. Beater, how does your HAMB signature go? "Real hot rods are black (or blue \:D ), a few are shiny, none are finished!" We still have lots to do, but hey, when I went in this morning and started it up, it fired first crank and never faltered. I love this car!

Thanks!

Pete

Last edited by BlackJackPG; 01/03/14 03:40 AM.

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson