I go back on January 12th, so this Sunday. I'm making the best of it! It tears me apart to say it, but as of now it doesn't look like I'll ever be taking the Chevy back to Purdue with me. Dad wants a roll cage and 4 point seat belts for safety (and dually so) and Grandpa doesn't for originality sake. We are in a bit of a debacle. I'll keep working on both of them and see what comes of it. A bit of a bummer right now though.

Thanks Jager! We got that clock working when we took it out, but it isn't running right now for some reason. We'll get it sorted out. I love it too.

More progress from today: We hooked up the defroster and leaked about half a gallon of hot water under the brand new carpets in the car. Turns out that it was the input and output tubes being bent out of round. After re-rounding those we put it back in and don't think it's leaking any more. (Crossed fingers on that one.) Later we played around with the distributor and timing for a while. We still don't have it quite right though. Hey Beater, how do you time your pickup? We took our timing light and adjusted it so it was all lined up on the flywheel and it made it run like crap. It must be this new gasoline. Right now, we have it timed by ear, but it's not perfect. Anyone got any advice? Lastly, we did a tappet adjustment so now the rockers are not clattering anymore. .012 on the intakes and .020 on the exhaust according to a friend of ours. Does that sound about right?

We did a little more driving today and got a feel for how the car will do in traffic. We are okay temperature wise, but the head loads up pretty quick. Not a horrible thing, it just gave me an excuse to rev the motor every once and a while and do jackrabbit starts out of stoplights, but it's something to work on. We still have some adjustments to make on the carburetor so maybe leaning out the mixture a little bit will help. Lots of adjustments to make! As of now though, we're super happy with how things are going! No explosions or catastrophic failures yet (knocking on wood!)

Thanks!

Pete

P.S. Hey Beater! Any more news on your Roadster, or other members of the fleet for that matter?

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson