Okay... since I started this back in June, and just started this thread and got in-line with inliners, I have a bit to catch you up on... keep in mind this is my FIRST project, and budget is a little low. I may not do things the way everyone would do them, but we'll see how she turns out in the end!

Looks good back there! (there's a 1953 bed... for fixing up.)

Almost home...

Interior

Seats, and rubber floor mats out!

Little wire brushing done!

When I got it home it decided it didn't want to shift into 2 or 3, only Reverse and 1.

Pulled down the sagging headliners... I found that they weren't just old... They had a mouse nest up there!

New headliner put in (needs cleaned up a bit)

Made new door panels and got them on.

Most of the wood and some of the strips out

Bed is off, frame and everything pressure washed... Ready for rust removal and a little bit of fixin' up

Drove to Kentucky (about 3hrs one way) to pick these bad boys up. Got a screamin' deal on them (less than half the cost of new ones)

With having a 1954 Truck, but having a 47-53 bed, there are different bed floor supports (cross sills). So the past week or so I've been modifying the ones I have to fit my frame. One of the biggest things, are the different sized mounts for the rear cross sill. I took the old mounts, cut them up, rewelded them to the needed heights, and then welded them back on the cross sill.

Also put POR15 on the bottom of my running boards

Cutting the new wood floor for the bed.

Started with three 9inch wide, 10ft long boards, and two 12 inch wide, 8 foot long boards of Red Oak.
the three 9inch boards were previously finished so I'll be sanding those down and making all the boards identical

I had to rip the boards down to the proper widths.
Then I had to put grooves on the edges for the metal strips that hold the boards down in the bed. Used a Dado blade and made two cuts on each edge.

Here they are, laying on the bed cross sills (just checking to see how it'd look)

There will be more catching up to do later!

Last edited by GMJager; 01/08/14 04:59 PM.

Graham M. Inilner #6168