Great! That's got to be exciting! Keep us posted!

Progress from today was good, then bad, then good, then bad again. Haha. We started out the day with it running fine and we just roared around town listening for things to tune up and fixing them. Grandpa took off to go hunting around 2:00, unfortunately I couldn't because I need to get ready to go. He'll be back tomorrow though. After he left, I took it out to go see my high school metal shop teacher who was a big fan of the project. It sputtered and died on me shortly after leaving the shop. After pushing it back down the street I realized that the carburetor bowls were empty. When I tried to pull the big bolt out of the top of the carburetor thinking I could put a funnel in it to fill the bowls I promptly turned the wrench the wrong way and stripped all the threads out of the hole. I swear, sometimes I wish I had a different brain... After a few choice words and some failed attempts in screwing in the bolt, I mixed up a batch of JB Weld and slathered it on there. I'll try to re cut the threads tomorrow morning. I also put some over a hole in the welds on the exhaust manifold. Fingers crossed that both of them will hold!

I'll get back on it in the morning! In the mean time, take a look at our new shift knob and key chain!

Thanks!

Pete

--Peter Gray: #6073--

"If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again."
-William Edward Hickson