Well I found a guy with one of the 9 main engines with crank and head (sadly not the aluminum one) And he has a bell housing flywheel and clutch fork as well. Probably going to jump on the 9 main engine it would give me a stronger base for my mad scientist plans I have for this thing. My next questions (seems like they never end) I did some reading up on the R11 electric over drive transmissions (thanks Beater) and I don't think it is right for me and my project. So from what I can tell I have a couple options. I could get an adapter plate a company makes for a good chunk on change and put some kind of GM auto behind it thinking 700R4 for the overdrive and lack of requisite computer to run it. That same company can met me up with everything I need to put a GM manual behind my L8 so any factory or aftermarket manual would bolt up or my last option get the Packard bell housing and make my own adapter plate any thoughts? I will put the link to the company that makes the adapters maybe some of you guys could use one of the other adapters they make.
http://transmissionadapters.com/Packard%20to%20Chev%20adapter%20kit.htm