Hi. For my 2 cents worth I just voted. I found the site a couple of months ago & joined the forum & recently joined inliners.
My car - 46 chevy coupe with the 216 is down with engine troubles right now but should be up and running in a week or so.
I actually have an inliners chapter about 100 miles away & once the car is up & running I will contact them & attend a meeting to see how it goes.
Although I am new here to the site, I am surely not a young new member at 76 years old. Having fun & reliving driving in my youth in the 50's is what I am up to. The boards have been a good resource for me in getting info on the changes I plan to make with the car.
My first step right now is to get the 216 engine back up & running with new timing gears so I can use it until I get a 1956 235 rebuilt with 3/4 cam, dual 2 bbl carbs & headers & dual exhaust, 12 volts with assorted dress up items. This will make it into a typical 6 cylinder street rod of the 50's similar to what I drove back then other than the 2 bbl carbs.
The body & interior has already been restored original for the most part & I am about to bust at the seams to get to cruising with it & doing local area car shows.
In my youth I was really into drag racing & customs. I do not plan any racing now, just lots of cruising & events, some of which will be inliners, some vcca, some aaca.
I have been looking for a good finned cast aluminum valve cover for the 235 without any success so I will hit the vcca swap meet in Houston in March to see what I can find. The only one I have found here was made without machining for the breather & they are just filing out that hole. That does not sound well to me for a dress up item. Reaming would be much better.
Better shut up for now as surely I have spent more than my 2 cents worth for 1 post.
Jimmie - - Yoakum Texas

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1946 Chevy 5 passenger Sport Coupe