I'm not sure yet. The front x-member was moved by a previous owner to allow the 196 Rambler engine to fit. It looks like I will only need to position the 258 between the radiator and firewall with new motor mount brackets. I will be reusing the Weber Carburetor, radiator (in current location), and electric fan. The original trans x-member will be relocated to the rear. The drive shafts will need to be re-tubed to the new lengths. I'll need to makeup a new exhaust head pipe. I'm using a new, electronic distributor. The clutch linkage will need to be fitted. The new clutch still uses an arm to move the throw-out bearing. In the cab, I'll fill the shift lever/s holes and make a new tunnel/trans cover. I'm converting the Dana 300 to a twin shift lever unit. So, with the right knobs on the shifters the cab floor won't look a lot different. Except the overdrive lever will be gone. The front axle is a Dana 25, identical to original equipment (but with 4.88 gears). It will look the same. The rear axle looks like the optional one for 1950, except this one has 4.88 gears.

The rest of the truck will remain the same.. No power steering, brakes or air conditioning. No power windows and still will have vacuum wipers.

I'm even going to paint the engine the same Chevy orange, just like the 195.5 engine.... When most people look at my truck, they see an old original style pickup with chrome wheels.. I got the original gauges to work and calibrated the 80 MPH speedo. I've tried to keep the original feel of the truck in tack. No monster tires, big lift or V8 engine.. I'm old and like that look..Just like when I was a kid...