Jay,

The 195.6 is a long stroke, small bore engine. The 199/232/258 is a completely new design (in 1965). I has a much larger bore and 7 main bearings (195.6 has 4 mains). So although the engines look similar, there are no interchangeable parts. For my purposes the 258 is 3.5" longer that the 195.6.

The 258 I have (1982) is a computer controlled, 2 barrel carbureted engine.. I will be changing the distributor to an aftermarket one that does not need a computer. I will be taking the Weber 2 barrel off my 195.6, changing the jets and putting it on the 258. And yeah, it just bolts on. All the sensors on the 258 will be removed (like the O2 sensor). No computer so no sensors. So, I'm converting the engine to non computer configuration. I will keep a PVC circuit.

At some point, I may change the intake and exhaust manifolds to the style they used on the early 70's, 232 engine. I'd really like the engine to appear like an early 232. And I think the operation of the engine, 5speed overdrive trans and silent
Dana 300 will make the truck much more enjoyable to drive. I also think that a Jeep engine in a Jeep truck is an appealing combination. Oh, and I wouldn't be doing this to an unmolested, original Willys truck.. My truck was abused, butchered up and worn out when I bought it. It already had the 195.6 engine in it and the installation was done by someone who did crude work and didn't understand the importance of keeping engine and transmission centerlines within tolerances.

So, I'm just keeping this old truck on the road. I have tried to improve the look by adding an original steering wheel, and original front bumper and a seat (1964 Nova split-back) that
appears like it might have been original. The style is 1960's, mild hot-rodded, truck. Semi gloss paint, nearly stock interior, chrome wheels and big tires. Oh, and a great radio. I love my Ford, 6CD stereo. I put the speakers in the sides of the headliner. The sound comes at you like a giant pair of headphones. I'm old but I still dig Rock & Roll...