I know they had gained more when they stepped away from those weber's. I just wasn't really thinking about how OLD that print was LOL. Besides I dout I'd ever give up my holleys about the only way I'd do that is if went Injection. \:\)

Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
That was once thought to be true, but when Headrick switched to(3)Holleys and picked up 40 HP and .2 tenths of a second in the quarter, every body else that was running Webers quit using them and switched to Holley's also.

The section about cylinder heads in the article starts off by saying, "Any head except the one for the 194 engine is a good core for modification....." And goes on to explain why the shortcoming for the 194 head cannot be corrected in anyway to offset the shrouding that is caused by its poor chamber design.
I can read the first article fine, but the second one is smaller print and harder to read. I can type out what it says for those that want to know what it says in more detail. But these were articles he had in his catalog that he wrote at one time stating the problems with trying to use the 194 head for performance usage, and they should be avoided.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.