Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
 Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
Lifeguard,
My tests with lumps/ no lumps were on a dyno. That was with stock valve sizes and only the lump to modify anything. There was no power gain. Bigger valve and port work, then your talking. Power gain.

That's right, you mentioned no power gain with stock valves and lump, but you didn't have flow bench results for that combo, just dyno.

Let me say this first off I never said their was a power gain. The Question was did they improve flow and that question got answered. Now to answer the question is their a gain with bigger valves and the boss in place Yes. Again bigger valve helps improve air flow because more open area for the air to get into the chamber. Just like adding more lift more air & Fuel can into the chamber But may not always mean more HP.

I know you guys want to sell lumps, but for those of us building a 250 for the street on a budget, what's the difference between a valve job with bosses on the stock valves versus 1.84/1.6 with valve job and bosses? Does the bigger valves make a difference with the bosses in place or are they they only useful once you remove the bosses and put the lumps in.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.