Hi again. Just to add a bit on my build. Everyone has different paramaters & reasons for the spefic way they choose to do a build. My engine being a 1957 year 235 with a 0.060 bore & a 264 grind cam, Clifford intake with 2 two bbl Webbers & tube headers, stock 3 on the tree & converting ring & pinion to the 355 ratio is an attempt to make a good safe daily highway driver with no intention of a race car.

The brakes & front end have been rebuild stock for now & I will soon be adding a new set of 600/16 radials for better, safer driving while keeping the original stock exterior look of the car. Keeping this stock interior - exterior look is important to me but may be immaterial to others. I just want the look & performance of the cars I drove as a teenager into my early 20's in the 50's - early 60's. The only thing on the car interior & exterior that will not look stock original will be the dual chrome tips under the rear bumper. The difference in look & performance will only be visable with the hood raised and the Vintage Air cond thin vents under the dash.

I am trying to come out with enough HP & torque to be able to drive my 46 Coupe 70 MPH on the hwy without being an obstruction to traffic and be able at low speed & RPM in town have enough oomp in the engine to easily pull an air conditioner compressor in this 100 + degree Texas summers.

I think this will be a good set up for me with what I am wanting to end up with. But I am still open to suggestions but I have already purchased all the above engine & rear end components so I am locked into those. I will look at the clutch when we pull the old engine next week & most likely will make an upgrade there. I have no clue what clutch is there until then. A I will not be popping the clutch while revved up hpefully the 3 speed original transmission will hold up but will deal with that if & when necessary. I prefer the 3 on the tree for me.

I have tried a couple of time to post a photo of the exterior but an just doing something wrong. I will not have any engine photo's until at least late next week.

Jimmie

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1946 Chevy 5 passenger Sport Coupe