Originally Posted By: 70Nova
I try to optimize everything to squeeze out every last drop of energy and mileage out of the amount of fuel burned, I don't feel like I should leave free horses on the workbench when labor is free.... and I don't have that many ponies to begin with that I could just give them away \:D And simple indexing doesn't require any extra plugs, I don't get that part. Anyone used crush washers with these washer-less plugs to allow for easy indexing? I only used NGK plugs on my other engines that used a crush washer. You get some room to play with them and additional adjustability with extra solid washers.

I try the plugs in cylinders until i find a cylinder that they face the right direction in. Then I use spacers for the rest if I have to. I haven't finished putting the plugs in yet, so fingers crossed I can do it with just the plugs.

Another option is to buy extra plugs individually and try to get them from different batches or different factories, so that the machining on the threads will be different, and then you up your chances of finding plugs that will fit the different cylinders, and some left over for the next plug change. Back in the day when we were running leaded gas and had to change plugs every year, that made more sense then today when the plugs are supposed to go 100k miles plus.