Now I remeber it was you that said that the outlet for the exhaust is the same. I guess thats what happens when you buy a new car at age 2! I would still like to see someone that has both manifolds put the 2 side by side to be sure. After all the 2 might be close,just off enough not to work OR be a perfect match. One nice thing about the Z28 parts is that they just bolt together very easly. It could be that a single 2.5 inch system would be cheaper than the Z28 parts. I did some reaserch a little while ago about the walker 1in and 2out mufflers( Too bad I can't find it now.)for my Nova. There are only about 4 or 5 that will come close to fitting in the stock sideways location. Keep in mind that these are stock mufflers and are fairly quiet. One is for a78 Camaro/Nova that we have allready mentioned. Another is for a 79 El camino with a 350, then there are the mid 90s Camaros both Z28 and not IIRC. There is also a muffler for a Buick Grand National but it is 2in and 2 out. What I am talking about is a OEM high quality part. If you wanted to go single tailpipe then maybe a 454 truck muffler would be right. We put one on my Daughters Trailblazer and it sounded nice. For myself I am trying to make an adapter plate that will let me run the 2bbl dual outlet manifold on the 1bbl head. That way I can have the exhaust system done before I put in the 2bbl engine. It just depends on what kind of sound that is desired. Keep in mind that a low restriction exhaust will make more hp and give better gas mileage than stock. Are you going to put a converter back on? I would think that the car is old enough to be exempt from any possible inspection that your area might have. Please keep us informed as I own a "sister" car and am always looking for ideas. Jay 6155