Well with some delay Ia m finally ready to dig into my Packard project. I have set a loose date of completion of October 19 at the Billitproof drags here in Florida. I have a lot of work but I have a good buddy pretty charged up to see this thing on the track so at least I have some help.
Build plan for October I plan:
1)to convert to 12V electrical with a pertronix conversion in the distributor and an electric fuel pump

2)Get the bakes in order

3)Regrind the cam

4)Swap to my higher compression 288 head

5)If I have the time and money install a 4L60E or 4l80E transmission summit sells them for around $2000 (these are the 4 speeds not the newer 6 speeds)

6)9 inch rear, gears and posi

7)Figure out NA induction ( I can either use my Edmunds manifold with 2x2s or I have some Solex side draft carbs that would look really neat on the engine)

8)Sort out the exhaust thinking some modified SBC headers and dual exhaust

9)strip the interior as it is mostly trashed and I wont have time to get it finished by October

10)Shave as much weight as I can without permanently modifying the car as I want to restore and re-install a lot of it at a later date (bumpers exc)

11)Take care of some odds and ends such as making the doors open or stay closed respectively.

If anyone has any tips tricks or parts for sale that could help with the project feel free to let me know. If you are in Florida and close to the Lakeland drag strip hopefully you will see the car in October.