Sorry, my laptop and smartphone both died within 24 hours of each other and I've been working on replacing the HD and recovering the OS, so I missed several posts.

I can't seem to figure out how to set base idle with the hex screw on the inside of the end of the solenoid. Here's a pic of it:

So I skipped that step and just went on to setting the fast idle follower at 2000rpm, after I set the timing for 6 degrees at 800rpm and idle at 800rpm. Then I set the Changed out some 10W-30 synthetic and a filter. And just finished up flushing the cooling and added 50/50. Then I put a 2.25" short straight pipe on the end of muffler and that really helped quiet it down a bit. Just needs a bath and a little more underhood detailing and it runs almost like a real car.

Here's what I've done so far of what I call Phase 0:
* replaced stock steel/brass radiator with lighter replacement plastic/aluminum (already done when I bought it)
*run synthetic energy saver oil
* gap and indexed spark plugs
* added inline fuel filter before fuel pump
* K&N air filter
* opened up driver side turn signal to create ram air scoop

And my list of updates for the rest of Phase 0 as I get the funds:
* replace plug wires with 8mm
* replace cap and rotor on HEI
* replace vacuum advance on HEI with adjustable Accel
* replace coil with Accel supercoil
* replace exhaust (probably 2.25" single system, but looking at other options)
* replace pulley fan with electric fan
* install a cool can in the fuel line

I will probably check on my fuel mileage in city as I drive it the next few weeks. I need to invest in a vacuum gauge and an adapter for my compression gauge so it will fit my spark plug threads.

In the future phase 1 will be the top end swap, phase 2 a cam swap, and eventually phase 3 will be a short block rebuild with flat tops. Again, as funds allow.

Last edited by Lifeguard; 04/03/14 09:25 PM.