Originally Posted By: 70Nova
..blew his skirt up? \:\)

Anyhoo, I found one like that once too, never expected that. Took a while to figure it out, and even then it was sheer luck.

I just installed an electric fan in front of my new radiator, and the instructions said it could be run either way. Had to quadruple check to make sure I got it right \:\) 3-row radiator replacing a stock 2-row, no room for stock fan.

It's a kilt, and if you call it a skirt you'll get kill't!!!

Picked up my 16" Imperial electric fan and wiring relay kit from Advanced Auto Parts (my cousin is a regional manager for them). It should be puller right out of the package, otherwise there's a slip connector on the fan axle you pull and turn the blades around. Pretty straight forward, wiring is only somewhat more challenging. I need to figure out what to hook the ignition on wire to still, but the rest of the wires are pretty straight forward. Here's my parts:

I took the spark plugs out and did a compression test on all cylinders. They all pulled 190 on at least one of the the three bumps I gave each of them.

I've got the radiator out, washer/coolant bottles off, spark plugs and valve cover off so far. I'm checking the cam opening and closing points, before I pull the water pump and fan off and don't have the fan to turn the crank over with anymore. I got my feeler gauges to check to see when the intake and exhaust open and close, but can't find the specs on what the stem to rocker clearance should be. I'm also detailing the hard to get to areas while the parts are off so I can clean and paint before putting the parts back on.