Pics of your machined block of aluminum would be cool to post.

MBHD

Originally Posted By: Xerxes
And Again...

The latest update.. I got the new carb on it. A Holley Weber 32/36. Had to make an adapter for it. It needed to up and out to the side so to speak. A $20 block of aluminum and several hours on the milling machine (I'm a rookie)and some time polishing it (had to have something shiny) and it worked. Before I changed the carb the motor didn't seem very crisp. Sounded sort of like an aircraft engine running up with one mag instead of two. I took the ballast resistor out of the circuit (per instruction sheet from Pertronix) and between that and the new carb it's like a new motor (Newer than new)I still have a random miss I'm pretty sure is the number one cylinder. I gave the distributor cap a good look and cleaning, as well as the rotor. Cap was a little oily but otherwise seemed okay as did the rotor. Ran it until warm and set the intake valves. (exhaust valves were set cold per the manual).I installed a vacuum gauge on the run stand control panel for the next run. Overall, I'm really happy with the build. It's really cool to see the change in this motor. Can't wait to get it back in the truck.

12 port SDS EFI