Eventually, I'll get a sound clip on the web so you all can hear my set up. Unfortunately, every sound clip I've heard on the computer doesn't sound anywhere close like the real thing. It sounds more tinny and weak.
If anyone was at the Midwest Inliners Picnic in Davenport, Iowa or knows of anyone that attended this last May, then you heard my '40 Chevy leave the park. "Luke" emailed me and told me it had a "Distinctive" sound and heard me all the way to the freeway!

My Chevy has Langdon's new Cast headers, 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with 2 18"x3" Chambered mufflers from Corvette sidepipes and 5"x12" exhaust tips. It has a throaty rumble at idle and cruise (not too loud) but is straight wide open at hard throttle and is .....distinctive!

Like Walt said, every inline sound is different as everyone's taste and tolerance to sound is different. I have always had loud deep rumbling exhaust on every vehicle I have ever driven. Even my current everyday driver, a 2001 Dakota, has dual electric cutouts for that occasional rumble and roar factor.(actually it's open all the time my wife is not with me)

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe

Loud Pipes Saves Lives!