Welcome Sdver! Thanks for the kind words. I'll be checking up on you too.

So I just re-read this page now that I have the means to get whatever parts list I come up with. What I'm thinking is stock pushrods and rockers assuming I keep under .550" lift (got that from santucci's book). Then just buy a new set of stock lifters. Call Lunati or Comp and have them make me cam for my application and buy the recommended springs for that new cam. Get 1.94"/1.6" valves and lump ports. Take the new valves and lump ports to a machine shop and have them do the valve job (forgot to mention buy new valve guides, seals, retainers, and keepers (or is that necessary)) with the new valvetrain parts, put in new cam bearings, and then put the lump ports in.

Are there any other engines that use the same valves as the 250? I found the 1.94"/1.6" combo for small block chevys that looks like it'd fit http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-16-305-400...ef4b327&vxp=mtr
What parts are dependent on what? Like are keepers dependent on the valves or the springs or both? Do springs need to be matched with the cam cards? Are retainers matched with springs or valves?
Should I need any more than .550" lift? Isn't that only .1" over stock? Or is it the duration and overlap that make the big difference on turbo cars?

P.S. - Got my dad's GS 400 running like a champ this weekend. Full new rear suspension including rear sway bar. Turned out he had a cracked starter which was why it was so hard to start all the time and had a habit of grinding. Now it's a turnkey classic. Last thing is an exhaust and he can stroll it around town! I'd better get this turbo car crackin soon!

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.