Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank

If you have any galling or erosion on the tips of your pushrods, they should be replaced.
You can reuse your stock pushrods, just check them out carefully.

Having greater valve spring pressure will tend to wear things out quickly if there are any defects.

Camshaft specs seem OK, but see if you can get a wider lobe center of 115-116 if possible.

Having forged pistons does not mean you cannot blow those up also like your last two engines. They just can take more abuse before they let go also.

Your dad will be surprised when you smoke him w/that V-8 of his.

What high octane are you going to use for your dual octane system?
How about for the low octane?
What are you going to do or use to keep the engine from blowing up on the low octane?

I do not remember if the intercooler seemed to help a lot w/power output on your 2nd engine?

MBHD

Well isn't the length of the pushrods I use dependent on the valve height of the valve I end up using? I'm planning on using a lunati cam with TLowe's head rebuild kit. Wouldn't the only time the stock pushrods work is if the new springs were the same installed height?
The guy at Lunati was concerned that I couldn't get that .52" lift out of the stock spring installed height. He was recommending I get a valve .2" longer and the associated springs. This makes sense because if the installed height is 1.65" (as per the chiltons manual suggests) for a stock spring and a stock replacement's bind height is 1.170", that means the max lift is only .486" which isn't enough for my cam. Unless Tom's kit has shaved retainers on bottom and raised top retainers to get that extra little bit of installed height needed.

Really? Even a wider lobe center? Comp suggested 114*, Lunati said 112*. Tom's is 114* if I remember right? What advantage is there for a wider separation?

I understand but if I get the engine to work borderline reliably then forged pistons and taking a degree or 2 out of timing will give me a reliable package not to mention the meth injection.

Don't think of my system as a "dual" system. It's really a "switchable" system. I've been putting 93 in both tanks for the most part because I mostly like to get into to boost. I just have it setup like this so that in case I ever go on a long cruise with a lot of highway driving then I can throw 87 in the 20 gal stock fuel tank and cruise on cheap gas which won't hurt anything as long as I stay out of boost. But then I flip the switch and wait a few minutes, and I can run expensive gas for when I plan on getting into boost.

I didn't notice a huge difference in the intercooler. All I noticed was it seemed to run better @ 15psi than it did non-intercooled at 10psi. Slight power increase from the increase in PSI but not a whole bunch else. I think the head is what's holding everything back now.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.