[quote=snowman4839I do not remember if the intercooler seemed to help a lot w/power output on your 2nd engine?

Well isn't the length of the pushrods I use dependent on the valve height of the valve I end up using? I'm planning on using a lunati cam with TLowe's head rebuild kit. Wouldn't the only time the stock pushrods work is if the new springs were the same installed height?
The guy at Lunati was concerned that I couldn't get that .52" lift out of the stock spring installed height. He was recommending I get a valve .2" longer and the associated springs. This makes sense because if the installed height is 1.65" (as per the chiltons manual suggests) for a stock spring and a stock replacement's bind height is 1.170", that means the max lift is only .486" which isn't enough for my cam. Unless Tom's kit has shaved retainers on bottom and raised top retainers to get that extra little bit of installed height needed.

Really? Even a wider lobe center? Comp suggested 114*, Lunati said 112*. Tom's is 114* if I remember right? What advantage is there for a wider separation?

I understand but if I get the engine to work borderline reliably then forged pistons and taking a degree or 2 out of timing will give me a reliable package not to mention the meth injection.

Don't think of my system as a "dual" system. It's really a "switchable" system. I've been putting 93 in both tanks for the most part because I mostly like to get into to boost. I just have it setup like this so that in case I ever go on a long cruise with a lot of highway driving then I can throw 87 in the 20 gal stock fuel tank and cruise on cheap gas which won't hurt anything as long as I stay out of boost. But then I flip the switch and wait a few minutes, and I can run expensive gas for when I plan on getting into boost.

I didn't notice a huge difference in the intercooler. All I noticed was it seemed to run better @ 15psi than it did non-intercooled at 10psi. Slight power increase from the increase in PSI but not a whole bunch else. I think the head is what's holding everything back now. [/quote]

You most likely would use .100" longer valves, & normally you would use .100" longer pushrods, but you always need to check for proper length just to be sure.

I would go w/a wider lobe center to increase cyl pressure, you have low compression, better mileage & makes for a better driver IMO.

The intercooler will not make a huge difference in power in the lower boost levels, run 15-20 psi, that will definitely make a bigger difference in power.
You will notice a lot more power difference when injecting methanol over just using an intercooler, running both is just icing on the cake & an air to air intercooler does not have any moving parts & is pretty reliable.

Your cyl head & camshaft are really the big restrictions. Not just the head.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI