MBHD - How do I not understand what the J&S system does? It listens for knock and retards the offending cylinder accordingly. I just read through and apparently it can build timing curves for each cylinder. Very cool but also very expensive.
What is wrong with me having a gauge just like the J&S system that has a light indicating knock and knock intensity? It'll go off if there's bad gas or it's a hot day or whatever and I'll know I either need to retard the timing or stay out of boost.
I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I'm just trying to fully understand how they're different if I'm willing to change the timing once in awhile on bad days.

CNC-Dude - I understand but what I'm asking is the tradeoff between boost and compression. Why do people prefer 25psi at 8.5:1 (212.5psi compressed) vs 18psi at 11.5:1 (212.5psi compressed) Wouldn't they make the same power and perform the same way?
The ONLY thing I can think of to trade off is intercooler heat extraction from the more compressed air making the high psi/low compression a cooler charge allowing for more room for improvement.

And is 9.47:1 to high or not??

Last edited by snowman4839; 05/17/14 03:51 AM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.