Got the distributer apart, soaked parts in Rust Evaporator to remove the surface rust, cleaned up the housing and painted it with Alumi-blast to detail it. I reassembled most of it, but I didn't have a gasket for it and had to order it. I also put the gear on and partial tapped the roll pin in and measured it again. I came up with 0.086" gap, which was still pretty wide. So I ordered shims too along with a timing tape. The Camaro is idle in the driveway until I get the parts. After I took wheel bearing grease and filled the reservoirs and replaced the plastic cover, I greased the centrifugal parts and shaft. Once the springs were installed it is tough to advance and snaps right back when released. Huge improvement. Once I get the distributer back in, I'm going to set it back to the factory 6* initial advance and check the vacuum advance timing to see what it is working at. Then I'm going to check the centrifugal advance and see what the stock curve maps out to. Then I'll have a baseline to make changes from.