Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
I still want to see one hooked up on a Chevy 250 or 292 Inline. Not really sure where the sensor would be just "bolted" on.

You can bolt on a plate where there is a open 3/8 16 hole.
Drill & tap the plate for a knock sensor.
Or add a plate attached to where an engine mount goes.

It's not rocket science, simple, don't make it sound difficult, because it is not.

Anywhere on the block is fine, there are other alternate places also if you do not like those ideas.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mounting...iw=1536&bih=720

Also according to Douglas (in Brazil), the 250 Chevys were made until 1997.
He showed me a picture of a stock 1997 Chevy 1500 pick up truck w/a 12 port MPFI 250 inline Chevy 6.

I am pretty sure those later model engines had knock sensors from the factory.
Anyone care to try & search that?

I also would like to run the most amount of ignition timing run a bunch of boost & if knock is detected in one or any cylinders, I have a knock sensor system that can pull timing in the offending cylinder/s (AKA detonation) & make more power because it will be at the most available ignition advance possible, when the detonation goes away, the safe guard puts back in the timing for the engine to be at a safe operation & make the most available HP.

Your engine will make more power if you can have more ignition advance (say 25 degrees, just an example ) & boost high, to say 20 psi, than you running 15 degrees advance & 20 psi.
A J&S unit can provide your engine the most amount of ignition timing to make the most amount of power & be safer for your engine.
The J&S unit has an adjustment on how sensitive the knock senor is.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI