The TPS I've found to be a pain to make work with a carb, but it's not impossible and I know people that have done it. My OHC L6 uses a Holley carburetor body with the float bowls removed.

The reasoning for needing a cam sensor is to tell the computer if the cylinder is on the compression or exhaust stroke. You can run semi-sequential, where you pair the injectors and pair the ignition coils, then you only need a crank sensor and it'll spray half the fuel amount twice per revolution (so one full fuel load when the intake valve opens) and it'll fire the ignition coil pair on the power stroke of one cylinder and the exhaust stroke of another. I continued using the rotor and distributor cap on my Buick when I converted the HEI to a cam sensor. You don't have to do away with the distributor unless you want to.

Or you can just run the batch fire system and wire it up just as I described without a crank sensor and still be able to electronically control timing and use a standard distributor cap and rotor.

Batch fire and single coil will get you 98% of the HP in the combination. It's only really worth it if you are going for that last 2% of horsepower (from fuel trims and tighter ignition control), and that is usually only worth it if you are racing in a very competetive racing class.

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; 05/19/14 06:09 PM.