I didn't imagine I would have to spin anything over 6k RPM. My motor seems a lot like tom's cam/head/fuel delivery setup on his turbo dyno setup and he didn't make any power past 5500 IIRC.

With everything done, I was hoping for exactly that HP range. 400-600. After that I'd need to redo a lot of stuff for more. Bigger/slower turbo, larger fuel line (6AN to 8AN), probably a better carb setup/maybe TBFI, maybe some type of upgraded ignition.

Yeah I know it's easy to wreck an engine like this in a heartbeat but I meant since I have a good supporting fuel system and detonation shouldn't be a problem because of the J&S system, it should be highly unlikely that those things would be the weak link now. Just wondered where else I'd need to improve for a good long engine life.

I figure with the J&S system, it'll tell me when there's a knock and keep timing in check and then I can always tune with the wideband to keep the A/F rich under boost.

Well dang. what kinda wizardry are they doing to get these 250s to 1000hp+?

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.