So then my best bet is to polish the chamber, then take it and get it zero decked it and use the .041" gasket I have to get that .041" quench, and then tell the machine shop to notch my pistons as needed to get my compression to like 8.8:1? Is that something they can measure and do the necessary machine work to get my target? Is it better to take material out of the pistons or combustion chamber to decrease compression ratio?

I also just read up on quench. I guessing the stock quench would be 0.030" (stock deck clearance) + .041" (gasket thickness) = .071" which from what I've read is out of the preferred range of 0.25" to .050". Does that sound about right?

Where are you guys getting the CCs for the chamber size? I can't find it anywhere. Is there an easy way to measure after polishing?

EDIT: I never spun it past 4500rpm because of my fuel system and then after I got the supporting fuel system, I was to scared to because it was already hobbling along. I never spun it past 5k at any time.

Last edited by snowman4839; 05/24/14 02:09 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.